Would you like to live in one of the most iconic resorts in the Alps? Do you have a passion for excellent customer service? Do you love the mountains? Do you want to be part of a great team that makes the difference?
Apply now for next winter season 2022-23. We are searching the right candidates to fill the following positions:
Chalet Couple – Chef and Host / Concierge
Spend the winter season in the most iconic of all Alpine resorts. A proper salary of c. CHF 2,800 (chef) and 2,200 (host) NET for a chalet couple / team with Zermatt’s leading luxury chalet operator. This includes taxes, insurance, accommodation and ski pass. Mountain Exposure are looking for several chalet couples to take care of their guests and prepare great cuisine. One of you will be a qualified and experienced chef; the other an exceptional and literate host.
Key responsibilities of the chef:
- Producing the finest gourmet quality cuisine.
- You will provide full breakfast, afternoon tea, 3 canapés and a three/four course evening meal.
- You will also need to prepare children’s early dinner when appropriate and prepare staff meals. Working within a budget.
- You will be responsible for food ordering, menu design and planning,
- Please see the mountain exposure website for typical menu plans, under ‘Our Services – Gourmet Half-Board Catering‘.
Key responsibilities of the host:
- Communicate with guests prior to arrival, respond to their requirements, assist them with concierge service in resort.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere, showing guests to their rooms and helping with luggage.
- Helping with and serving breakfast and evening meals. Must be able to cook breakfast also.
- Maintaining the chalet’s orderliness and cleanliness.
- Ordering supplies & stock control.
- Ensuring the health & safety of guests at all times.
This is more than your usual hosting job in that you will need to be computer literate, at ease with written communication, and able to organize and assist your clients in all matters.
Are you graduates, with excellent communication skills as well as teamwork skills, IT literacy, a keen eye for detail, a high level of organisation and a thorough understanding of the 5* luxury accommodation business? Then this is the role for you.
The job is centred around making sure our clients have the best holiday possible. It involves the following:
- Advance planning with clients prior to their arrival
- Arrival and departure assistance
- Regular chalet visits
- Assistance with requests once in resort
- Correct delivery of our product
- Invoicing additional services
- Back office organisation
The above are just a few of the many tasks you will be required to fulfil. The nature of a luxury business it that it has demanding clients. If you are up to the it, please click on the apply now button below to submit your application.
Note that you must be a Swiss or EU national to obtain a work permit here. Switzerland, although not a member of the EU, has for a long time been a signatory of the EU’s freedom of movement scheme. As a result of Brexit, there is now a very limited quota of permits for UK nationals, and these are not granted to resort workers.
So if you only have UK nationality we regret, but we can not consider your application. We also do not consider gap-year candidates.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are applying for a chef position please also send us a gourmet 6-day menu plan.
We look forward to hearing from you!