Zermatt has increased its tally of Michelin stars to five for the coming year with the addition of the Prato Borni restaurant which had been awarded a star. The After Seven now has two stars, while the Omnia, Capri and Prato Borni each have one star. In addition, another seven restaurants, both in the village and on the mountain have been awarded a Michelin plate for good quality cuisine.
It’s a good start to the season, typically early as it usually is in Zermatt. The link to Cervinia in Italy is open, and we have more open ski pistes than anywhere else in the world right now. More snow is forecast for the middle of the week, so next weekend should have some magnificent powder skiing.
Inaugurated this at the start of the season, the new 3S lift with its 25 cabins has quintupled the capacity from Trockener Steg up to the Klein Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, going from 2,900m up to 3,821m, the highest cable car in the Alps. This new lift has eliminated the last remaining spot where we had to queue in Zermatt. The capacity has gone up from 600 persons per hour to 2,600: you’ll be sipping cappuccino in Cervinia before you know it. The cool cabins are designed by Pininfarina (Ferrari’s design studio), and four have Swarvoski glass floors adding sparkle to the view of the glaciers below.
We have been using it frequently already and it’s absolutely great, you never have to wait more than 5 minutes, the cabins are comfortable with no standing but seating for 28 persons each.
BTW, 3S in German means Drei-Seil: Tri-Cable.
New Mountain Exposure Website
We are delighted to announce the launch of our new website. Following the philosophy of our old website – functional, informative and easy to navigate – we have redesigned our pages giving them a modern look, with a clean design.
We have built the website from scratch, aiming at making it look good and giving you the information you need quickly, easily and clearly.
Our new website is now screen responsive so you can access it from any device, a PC or laptop, a tablet or smart phone. It is the same website, with the same information, that adapts to your screen size. Small screen does not mean less information!
Features of the new website include:
- Single Chalet pages with more information about the chalet than before. Highlights, description, features, pricing, location map, availability calendar, guest reviews, all fitted in one page.
- Use of collapsible sections to keep chalet pages short and clean, giving you the option to see the details of what interests you the most.
- High resolution photos and videos for more interactive and visual experience.
- 360 degrees virtual tours of a number of our chalets. Be in our chalets from the comfort of your own sit!
- New pages, with more information about our chalets, our peak weeks availability, news and offers, the resort of Zermatt, winter and summer activities and much more.
We hope you like what we have developed for you and look forward to your feedback and ideas. As we have done the majority of the design and development ourselves, we can easily incorporate more good ideas!
The Mountain Exposure Team